Hi Robert,
thank you for clearly stating the question I was implying - Is the reliable
distribution of notifications a requirement or recommendation? I think it
is the latter. In some scenarios and use cases, for example, when the
pub-sub provides the critical service that doesn't have a backup mechanism,
using the reliable distribution required.

Regards,
Greg