From: Robert Raszuk <rob...@raszuk.net>
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2022 12:33 PM
To: Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) <ginsb...@cisco.com>
Cc: Tony Li <tony...@tony.li>; lsr <lsr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] New Version Notification for draft-li-lsr-liveness-00.txt

Hi Les,

> Advertisement of the availability of an application is not within the scope
> of an IGP

Who proposes that ?

AFAIK protocol Tony proposed indicates livness of an IGP node and specifically
not any application on that node.

Thx,
R.

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 9:24 PM Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)
<ginsberg=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org<mailto:40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>> wrote:
Tony –

Advertisement of the availability of an application is not within the scope of
an IGP no matter what level of TLV you use to do so.

Existing capability advertisements (e.g., flex-algo participation, SR ) are
indicators of what the IGP implementation supports and/or is configured to
support. Not the same thing as what you are proposing here.

   Les