发件人: lsr-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:lsr-boun...@ietf.org] 代表 Ketan Talaulikar
发送时间: 2022年7月27日 17:32
收件人: draft-wang-lsr-stub-link-attribu...@ietf.org
抄送: lsr <lsr@ietf.org>
主题: [Lsr] Comments on draft-wang-lsr-stub-link-attributes

Hello Authors,

Please find below my comments/suggestions on this draft. I am sharing them
upfront given the packed LSR agenda.

1)  Sec 3 the rationale provided for not using the Inter-AS TE LSAs/TLVs is not
sound in my opinion. I would say that the TE encoding may not be suitable for
use in all deployments as their advertisement results in the addition of those
Inter-AS links in a TE topology database and that may not be desired. So, I
would suggest that the draft keeps the option of use of Inter-AS TE TLVs valid
and goes ahead with the Stub Link proposal as an alternative with broader
applicability (also see the next comment).

【WAJ】Yes, in the corresponding non-TE scenario, we don’t want to add additional
information to the TE topology database. How about to add such statements,
together with existing descriptions?

2)  For the proclaimed wider applicability (e.g., links to servers/hosts) in
the slides, there is no such text in the draft. The draft seems focused on
Inter-AS links. I hope the authors update either the draft or the slides - to
be in sync with their objectives.

【WAJ】If the WG agree the use case of links to servers/hosts, we can add some
description back to the draft.

3)  The use of the prefix TLVs in this context is something that is (in my
opinion) broken from day 1 of this draft. Prefixes are for reachability. For
identification of links, we have the local/remote link identifiers along with
the local/remote IP addresses (NOT prefixes!). This to me is a NO-GO for the
progression of this document.

【WAJ】We consider “prefix TLV” is one kind of link attributes, which is same as
other link attributes, not the identification of links.

Can you accept such explanations?

4)  The placement of the Stub Link TLV should be top-level (similar to
other/existing links). I can share further suggestions offline, provided we
reach an agreement on the above points and we converge on the main
purpose/motivation for this work.

【WAJ】In the current draft, the IANA codepoint for the Stub Link TLV is
allocated from
https://www.iana.org/assignments/ospf-traffic-eng-tlvs/ospf-traffic-eng-tlvs.xhtml#top-level,
 which is already top-level(same as Link TLV). For IS-IS, it is also allocated
from the
top-level(https://www.iana.org/assignments/isis-tlv-codepoints/isis-tlv-codepoints.xhtml#tlv-codepoints).
 Are they reasonable? Anyway, we are welcome your further suggestions.

Thanks,

Ketan