Peter:

  If the ingress node does not support Flexalgo, the ingress node does not
cause a
permanent loop because once the packet is forwarded to the Flexalgo node, it
always
follows Flexalgo forwarding. If the packet does not reach the Flexalgo node, it
always follows
Algo 0 forwarding.

> > Therefore,
> > the IGP does only not generate the RIB/Fib for LSinfinity Metric prefix,
> > but can
> not trigger BGP Service Down.
> > In addition, LSinfinity Metric may be applied to other scenarios in
> > the future. We cannot guarantee that LSinfinity Metric will not conflict
> > with
> other purposes when being processed as a UPA.
>
> no, it can not, because the LSinfinity has a very strict definition - it means
> unreachable, which is exactly what the UPA is about.

I believe you are confusing a concept. The LSInfinity metric defined in RFC
5308
can be considered as zero route, but PUA/UPA actually defines a negative route.
It's not consistent