Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-l2bundles-06: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-l2bundles/

COMMENT:

# Éric Vyncke, INT AD, comments for draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-l2bundles-06
CC @evyncke

Thank you for the work put into this document: it is short, clear, and will be
useful.

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated even if only for my own education).

Special thanks to Acee Lindem for the shepherd's detailed write-up including
the WG consensus and the justification of the intended status. A follow up on
the Ericsson IPR would be welcome though if there is any update.

As a side note, yet another definition for the overloaded "SID" ;-)

I hope that this review helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

## COMMENTS

### IEEE802.1AX as informative ?

The only occurence of IEEE802.1AX appears to me as informative: ` for instance
a Link Aggregation Group (LAG) [IEEE802.1AX]` => suggest to change the
reference type to informative rather than normative.

### Section 2

```
   ... Therefore advertisements of member links MUST NOT
   be done when the member link becomes operationally down or it is no
   longer a member of the identified L2 bundle.
```

OTOH, if the information is for an external party (e.g., a controler), having
information of an operationally-down link could be useful. Are the authors sure
that this would never be used ?

### Section 2, length field

`Length: Variable.` while it is probably obvious, it would probably not hurt to
specify the units and what is included.

### Section 2, extensibility

Should there be some text on how to decide applicable/non-applicable for any
new link attribute TLV that could be added in the coming years ?

## Notes

This review is in the ["IETF Comments" Markdown format][ICMF], You can use the
[`ietf-comments` tool][ICT] to automatically convert this review into
individual GitHub issues.

[ICMF]: https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments/blob/main/format.md
[ICT]: https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments