Zahed,

please see inline:

On 08/06/2023 07:00, Zaheduzzaman Sarker via Datatracker wrote:
Zaheduzzaman Sarker has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lsr-ip-flexalgo-13: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-ip-flexalgo/

COMMENT:

Thanks for working on this specification.

I have no comment from TSV point of view. However, the description in section 3
is a not clear to me. It references 5G system and N3 interfaces then describes
the need for UPF selection based on some sort of session needs. However, I
could not relate how IP addresses plays role in that selection and where in 5G
system this is done or planned to be done based of IP addresses? is there any
deployment case or already deployed UPF selection based on just IP addresses?

yes. The real field example is where the mobile site accepts both data and voice traffic. Voice traffic is sent from mobile site to the voice gateway that has its own unique address. That traffic needs low latency paths. Rest of the data traffic is routed to its destination using best effort path.

If this section supposed to be the motivation of this whole specification then
it need to be improved in description on how this specification helps in the
usecase it describes. Or may be removed from the specification.

Section 3 is an example of the use case. It's one of the motivations behind the spec.

I don't mind removing it, but I feel it has some value. Not sure how to improve it, if you can suggest the better wording, I can certainly use it.

thanks,
Peter