Hi Eric,

Thanks for your review and feedback. Please check inline below for response
to your comments.

I have posted an update including the changes discussed below:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lsr-ospfv3-srv6-extensions-15

On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 11:31 AM Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <
nore...@ietf.org> wrote:

> Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
> draft-ietf-lsr-ospfv3-srv6-extensions-14: No Objection

> introductory paragraph, however.)
>

> Please refer to
> https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/
> for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-ospfv3-srv6-extensions/

> COMMENT:
>

> # Éric Vyncke, INT AD, comments for
> draft-ietf-lsr-ospfv3-srv6-extensions-14
>
> Thank you for the work put into this document. Sorry for belated ballot, as
> Roman cleared his DISCUSS, I just noticed today that there is one ballot
> missing: here it is ;-)
>
> Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
> appreciated even if only for my own education).
>
> Special thanks to Acee Lindem for the shepherd's detailed write-up
> including
> the WG consensus *and* the justification of the intended status.
>
> I hope that this review helps to improve the document,
>
> Regards,
>
> -éric
>
> # COMMENTS
>
> ## SRv6 or Network Programming
>
> The name of the document and its abstract refer to SRv6 while it is rather
> for
> network programming (RFC 8986).
>

KT> This is just following the convention for SRv6 related control plane
extensions. e.g. RFC9352, RFC9252, and several others.

> ## Section 5
>
> `Locators associated with algorithms 0 and 1`, I must admit that I am not
> familiar with OSPF/network programming, but is the reader expected to know
> what
> are "algorithms 0 and 1" ? Some short explanations are probably welcome.
>

KT> Ack. Added reference to sec 3.1.1 of RFC8402 where they are specified.

> ## Section 6
>
> Bits in a flag field are more often specified by their position, bit 0,
> rather
> than by their value, 0x80. But, this is a matter of taste. The same
> inconsistency happens in sections 13.3 (using a value) and 13.4 (using a
> bit
> position) in the IANA section.
>

KT> I agree and this is what has been done for the registry introduced by
this document. However, we are not changing OSPFv3 Prefix Options that were
introduced by RFC2740/RFC4940/RFC5340.

> ## Section 7.1
>
> Should the obvious be stated for the Locator field ? I.e., this field
> should be
> the shortest as possible with unused bits set to 0 ?
>

KT> This is what has been specified normatively by the base OSPFv3 spec
(refer https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc5340#appendix-A.4.1) - we
are just pointing to that rather than repeating it as it could have
somewhat unexpected interpretations.

> ## Section 8
>
> `Every SRv6-enabled OSPFv3 router SHOULD advertise` as it is not a MUST, in
> which case a router may deviate from the SHOULD behavior ?
>

KT> Technically, it is not a MUST if that router is not going to be used as
a segment endpoint by any SR Source Node (e.g. for TE or for TI-LFA
purposes). This is now clarified similar to how we have done for End.X in
section 9.

Thanks,
Ketan