Hi, Les:

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: forwardingalgori...@ietf.org [mailto:forwardingalgori...@ietf.org]
代表 Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)
发送时间: 2024年1月16日 0:16
收件人: Christian Hopps <cho...@chopps.org>; Huzhibo
<huzhibo=40huawei....@dmarc.ietf.org>
抄送: Acee Lindem <acee.i...@gmail.com>; Yingzhen Qu
<yingzhen.i...@gmail.com>; lsr@ietf.org
主题: Re: [Lsr] WG Adoption Call - draft-wang-lsr-stub-link-attributes
(01/05/2024 - 01/19/2024)

I respect that individuals may have different opinions - but it is important
to distinguish what is factual from what is not.

Opinions based upon false information are clearly compromised.

Please do heed Chris's (as WG chair) admonition to review the first WG
adoption thread. That will reveal to you what the substantive objections
were.

 <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/lsr/Li7wJsaY68gzJ8mXxff7K-Fy_nw/>
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/lsr/Li7wJsaY68gzJ8mXxff7K-Fy_nw/

 <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=lsr%40ietf.org&q=stub+link&x=0&y=0>
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=lsr%40ietf.org&q=stub+link&x=0&y=0

Please also do examine the delta between the previous version which was put
up for WG adoption (V3) and the current version (V8) so you can see what has
changed.

<https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url1=draft-wang-lsr-stub-link-attribut
es-03&url2=draft-wang-lsr-stub-link-attributes-08&difftype=--html>
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url1=draft-wang-lsr-stub-link-attribute
s-03&url2=draft-wang-lsr-stub-link-attributes-08&difftype=--html

Some facts:

The substantive objections raised during the first adoption call had nothing
to do with use cases - they had to do with:

a)The use of a prefix to identify a link between two nodes is a flawed
concept. It is not robust enough to be used in cases of unnumbered or
Pt-2-MP.

[WAJ] Current encoding has covered the unnumbered scenario. For Pt-2-MP
scenario, they share also the same subnet, please see our previous
discussion at
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/lsr/molRRoWXOBhaHFc5GPAPmvVISDs/

b)Existing mechanisms (RFC 9346/was RFC 5316 and RFC 5392) fully cover the
potential use cases and do so more robustly than the Stub-link proposal.

[WAJ] If you make such claims, then please give the encoding example for A.1
Figures 2(LAN scenario). How to configure/encode the several neighbors that
located in different AS in one inter-AS reachability TLV?

The latest version of the draft makes no substantive changes to the stub
link concept or its advertisement.

The only substantive change in the latest version is a reorganization of the
presentation of use cases.

But lack of clarity in the use cases was not the basis on which first WG
adoption call was rejected.

In this thread (the second WG adoption call),  the authors have asserted
that they have addressed the concerns raised in the previous adoption call.

They have not. The concept and mechanism to identify a stub link has not
changed.

In this thread the authors continue to assert that RFC 9346/RFC 5392 cannot
address the use cases.

This is FALSE.

As has been pointed out repeatedly, the existing mechanisms provide a robust
means to uniquely identify inter-AS links using endpoint identifiers - be
they IPv4/IPv6 addresses or Link IDs.

[WAJ] And, please give the solution for the non inter-AS scenario(A.2).
Please do not mention the bogus AS again

This addresses all cases - numbered and unnumbered.

There is therefore no need for a new mechanism.

[WAJ] Repeat again. The requirements of inter-AS TE solution are different
from the requirements of inter-AS topology recovery. We should find more
efficient solution to solve the latter scenario.

The inefficiency of existing solutions for inter-AS topology recovery lies
in that it requires the operators to get the other end information for every
inter-as links manually, this is very challenge and error-prone, as that
also indicated in RFC9346 and RFC5392 themselves.

No fact-based argument has been made to justify reconsideration of WG
adoption.

I hope when people post their opinions, that they consider the facts.

  Les

Of Christian Hopps

> Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2024 2:17 AM

> To: Huzhibo < <mailto:huzhibo=40huawei....@dmarc.ietf.org>