Hello,

I support the adoption of this document by the WG since it is a useful OSPF
protocol extension.

I have the following comments for the authors to consider (post adoption):

1) Suggest to rename the capability bit to UnreachableLinkMetric to clearly
distinguish it from all previous use of MaxMetric in OSPF. Also suggest to
use this term through the document where the purpose is to mark the link as
unreachable.

2) This document should introduce a new MaxLinkMetric which is 0xfffe which
can be then used as a "link of last resort" as specified in RFC6987.

3) Section 3: There is no OSPF cost/metric in OSPFv2 Extended Link LSA.
Also, not sure why the base OSPFv3 5340 has been excluded from this list
where the Router LSA carries the link cost similar to OSPFv2.

4) This document should formally update the base OSPFv2/v3 RFCs since it
changes the SPF.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ketan