Ketan,

First of all, the have been early allocations for over almost 2 years now and
it isn’t very timely to object at the end of WG last call. However, I think
your concerns can easily be satisfied.

> On May 21, 2024, at 12:18, Ketan Talaulikar <ketant.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Acee,
>
> You seem to have misunderstood my concern. I am not asking for specification
> of the RSVP-TE CSPF algorithm/computation using Generic Metric.
>
> Let me clarify my objections. There are 3 ways in which Generic Metric can be
> advertised for OSPFv2 as stated in this draft:
>
> 1) As a sub-TLV of the ASLA sub-TLV in the OSPFv2 Extended Link LSA : For
> FlexAlgo usage this is the one and only one way to advertise Generic Metric
> in OSPFv2 (note there is no L-bit in OSPF for ASLA). RFC 9492 (ASLA) allows
> for this to be used for other applications beyond FlexAlgo. I would like this
> draft to clarify if it is defining Generic Metric use for any application
> other than FlexAlgo under ASLA - see further in my email.
>
> 2) As a top-level sub-TLV of the OSPFv2 Extended Link TLV in the OSPFv2
> Extended Link LSA : This document is making allocation in this namespace but
> that is not an issue since the namespace is shared with ASLA. However, the
> draft needs to clarify that it is not defining Generic Metric use for any
> application when advertised this way as it is not used in base OSPF route
> calculation.

So, basically 1 and 2 are the same and equates to “Generic metric usage for
applications other than flex algorithm is out of scope. Future documents may
describe usage.”

> 3) As a sub-TLV of the Link TLV in the OSPFv2 TE Opaque LSA : This document
> is making an allocation in this namespace but not indicating any application
> usage. If the intention is to use this advertisement for RSVP-TE CSPF, then
> there is no issue since this is allowed per RFC 9492 Section 12.3.4. However,
> the draft must explicitly state that this is the only way to use it for
> RSVP-TE application.

I’m looking at RFC 9492 Section 12.1 - why couldn’t the generic metric be used
for the other referenced applications - LFA and SR policy if usage is described
in a future document? Similar to above.

Shraddha - can you provide these application scoping statements?