> It is also hard to specify all the correct constraints in practice -
 > my previous example being migrating some service on to somebody's
 > laptop because there wasn't any constraint to say that this was a bad
 > idea ....

    Ask Alva about this kind of problem in the realm of circuit
specification; I remember him having a couple of specific examples of
problems arising from the difficulty of specifying all the constraints
that matter.  The specific instance I remember involved "and the
circuit must work at temperatures other than 68F."