From: Jim McQuillan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 2:45 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] RE: LTSP-E 1.4 and recent LTSP versions

Charles,

The announcement that Jason made a few days ago was strictly about
his 'Enhancements' package.

It does NOT indicate the direction of the LTSP project in general.

We are still planning on having LDAP based authentication.  In fact,
Andrew Williams was working on that last week.

We are currently focusing all of our efforts on finishing the current
version of LTSP, which will be a great foundation for lots of excellent
enhancements, including LDAP.

So, sit back and relax.

If you've got some spare time, please download the latest LTSP development
release and install it on a test server.  We need feedback from everyone, to
make sure that LTSP is as good as it can be.

Thanks,

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]