Having LTSP use LDAP for authentication and having the Enhancements use
LDAP for the workstation's configuration store are two completely
different projects.  Actually they almost have no influence over each
other except that they both utilize the same backend.  We are thinking
of moving to a relational database backend to store the configuration
items.  Ultimately, if Jim approves, LTSP could move to or have the
added benefit of using a web-based configuration where the thin-client
actually queries a web server to pull down its configuration
information.  Where the web server stores the information is totally up
to the programmers and the individuals setting up the service.  So if
you wanted to, in that scenario, you could have an LDAP backend for
storing settings, and we would  use a database, and someone else could
use flat files, etc.

--
Jason A. Pattie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]