-----Original Message-----
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 07:02:41 -0500
From: "Jeremiah T. Moree" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: "Jason A. Pattie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [Ltsp-discuss] RE: LTSP-E 1.4 and recent LTSP versions]

The reason for dropping the LTSP Enh.  with LDAP has nothing to do with
authentication.  The LDAP in the Enh.  is for configuration of each
individual machine.  LDAP has become a chore and especially when they
change the standard.  We also think there are better ways to do
configuration using more common architecture such as http.  Then
converting to ldap or sql or flat file through the http gateway.  There
is one person using LTSp in this manner already (I hear).

Thank you

JT Moree