Hi All!

I have just installed LTSP 2.09pre3 on a Slackware 8.0 server, using the
resierfs, for the most part.  I am using the
default vmlinuz.ltsp kernel that gets installed from the lts_kernel package.
I am also booting from diskette.  When my worksatation boots, it finds the
DHCP server noproblem, seems to load the i810 video just fine, but stops at
the error message:

"Warning unable to open an initial console"

I get this both with the default kernel, and a kernel I compiled myself,
with *no* modules (which I did successfully with 2.08).

A search on Deja indicates that I have the wrong root partition specified
for the boot kernel (of course, this is just in general, and not specific
for diskless workstations, but I don't see any reason why it would be
different).  In looking over the config files, the only one I can think of
that would specify the "root directory" is the lts.conf file, with the
LTS_BASEDIR, which is currently at the default "/opt/ltsp", though I did try
changing it to "/opt/ltsp/i386", but with the same result.

Is there perhaps another file which specifies the "root directory"??
Normally I would just edit /etc/lilo.conf to reflect the correct root
directory (or pariition), but there is no lilo.conf file in the
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc directory.

Has anyone else here encountered this, and if so, how did you solve it?  I'm
thinking that the problem *may* be with the fact that I'm using the reiserfs
on mst of my partitions, but that, of course, is just a guess :-)

Thanx, in advance, for your help!

Alan Murrell [EMAIL PROTECTED]