Congratulations to the LTSP crew.  2.09pre4 worked virtually out of
the box on Mandrake 8.1.  At first the kernel did not work, but then
in /tftpboot/lts/ I copied vmlinuz-2.4.9-ltsp-1 to vmlinuz-ltsp, and
it worked fine.  Did I miss the instruction to do that?

Also, the vmlinuz-2.4.9-ltsp-lpp-1 kernel works great too (if copied
to vmlinuz-ltsp.  I like the graphic for demo purposes, but it's nice
to have the choice.

This version even fixes the problem (whatever it was) that was causing
a kernel panic when loading on an Asus/SiS730 single-board
motherboard!

StarOffice 5.2 works fine with it too.

One question.  Somewhere ... not sure whether LTSP or Mandrake, I lost
the regular 3-D login dialog box and got a much plainer 2-D graphic
dialog box.  Is there a way to get the fancier dialog box back?

All in all, I'm very impressed.  Great work!

--
Jan Wilson, SysAdmin     _/*];          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Corozal Junior College   |  |:'  corozal.com corozal.bz