Hi Geoffery

> I was setting up ltsp-2.09pre4 on a SuSE 7.3 server today, and I have had=
> =20
> a horrible time getting X to work for me. The cards that I used for the=20
> 2.08 setup that I replaced are near impossible to get configured=20
> correctly. I found a pci SIS knockoff card that I could get working, but=20
> no others so far. Anybody have a suggestion for which video card works=20
> best? The previous setup was a bunch of different agp cards - old ATIs,=20
> etc. So, it might be time to replace the video on these boxes anyway.=20
> Bring on the suggestions! Thanks for the help on irc guys!
>
> By the way, the ltsp_core suse script only needed to have a section for=20
> 7.3 similar to the version 7.1 part in testing for the XDM_DIR. However, I=
> =20
> did end up setting the dhcpd.conf, hosts.allow, and exports files all by=20
> hand. Other than the video issue, it works great.

If they worked previously I absolutly guarentee 100% that you can get
them working the same.
use Xfree3.3.6
   XSERVER=XF86_SVGA etc

I generated a modeline entry for XFree4 but Jim says this is now
fixed in pre4 and
   X_MODE_0 = 1024x768 78.8 1024 1032 1152 1360 768 784 787 823 etc etc

works

So use XF86-4 with a modeline
or
Use XF86-3