Ragnar Wisløff wrote:
> Say you have many dissimilar (and unpredictable) clients and
> want to do something intelligent based on info gathered
> automatically. Has anyone tried to send a hardware profile
> from a thin client to the server and create a database there,
> then making some decisions next time the client comes up?

I've done this in other environments, but not with LTSP.  The
default boot image would run hardware discovery, set up a
workstation-specific configuration, and reboot.  The only problem
we ran into was with our hardware discovery program; it would
fail under some circumstances, which would cause the
configuration builder to fail.  The workstation would boot again
and again and again....

-David