15 workstations should work just fine, even over a 10mb network.

16mb of ram should also be fine.  Don't worry about swap.

What window manager are you running?

Have you turned the screen savers off ?  Those screen savers
will suck the life right out of your network.

Have you tried running 'top' on the server, to see if you have
any run-away processes ?

You are using IDE drive on the server, have you turned on DMA transfers ?

If the font server is still set at unix/-1, then the workstations are
clearly NOT using the font server, so don't worry about that either.

Hope that helps,

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]