hi there.
I have got cirrus logic CL-GD5429 and trident TVGA9000C I believe. At
least cirrus will do 16 bit color under win32. Now I can't configure
Xfree3 to do 16 bit. I heard Xfree4.0 can do that via some VESA driver.
Will I be able to exchange lts_x package from Xfree3 to Xfree4 manually?
Or is it some specially prepapared package? And why is Xfree3.x.x used
in LTSP? Resources issue?
Maybe I don't need  X4 at all. Then can somebody tell what goes to
XF86Config's screen section?
All I get is: 16 bpp not supported by this chipset.
 It only works with 8 bits. I use SVGA driver.

BTW, the XF86Config file distributed with LTSP package was of no use for
me. I guess it was too few modelines there. I had to go and create my
complete XF86Config on a RH6.1 box.

mimooh