Am Sonntag, 18. November 2001 07:47 schrieb Marvin T Pascual:
> Below are some of the NICs that are available in our place:
>
> - Cnet PRO200 100/10 Mbps
> - D-Link DFE-530TX 10/100 Mbps
> - Surecom 320 10/100 Mbps (*)
> - AOpen AON-325 10/100 Mbps (*)
> - Lantech Fastnet (*)
> - Realtek e-Ten 10/100 Mbps (*)
> - Linksys 10/100 Mbps (*)
> - SOHO 10/100 Mbps (*)
> - SMC 10/100 Mbps (*)
> - Intel Pro-100+ (*)
>
> NOTE:  Those NICs that has (*), I haven't seen it and I'm not sure if
> those NICs has a boot ROM socket.

Most NICs have one.

See the Etherboot documentation at http://etherboot.sourceforge.net and
have a look at the hardware db at http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/db

>From the above cards, donīt take the dlink ones, because they tend to
change the chips very often without changig the model number of the card.
The linksys, smc, cnet and realtek cards work probably. Also the intel, but
that is not cheap.
I would suggest to buy one that you can get easily (and that is supported
by etherboot, test it with a boot floppy from http://rom-o-matic.net and
then let your local electronic shop burn you some roms with a rom-o-matic
rom-image.

Georg