Hello gurus!

First of all, thanks for your suggestions.  =)

Based on the majority who suggested about my server specs, I'll go with a motherboard
that has a dual Intel Pentium 3 and supports more than 2 GB of RAM.  Can you recommend
to me a good dual Intel Pentium 3 processor motherboard that supports more than 2 GB
of RAM?

With regards to the workstations, I still don't have any.  But with my thesis
proposal, I am seeking a support from our Public High School officials and I hope they
will support me.  I'm planning to re-use their old computers as their workstations.
All I need is a NIC that has a boot ROM based on what is written in the LTSP manual.
But again, I really don't know what NIC shall I use and if where I can find a boot ROM
for that NIC.  I already asked some of the computer stores here in our place if they
have any NICs that has a boot ROM or perhaps a compatible boot ROM for any brand of
NIC, then they just told me that they don't have.  I'm really confused to what NIC
shall I use.  Please help me.  I don't want to buy a ready made NIC from the Diskless
Workstations <http://www.disklessworkstations.com/> 'cause it's very expensive for us
here.

Usually, our NIC ranges from Phil. Peso 350 to Phil. Peso 1,500 only.  By the way, I'm
from the Philippines.  Our Philippine currency is Peso.  A US$ 1 is already equal to
Phil. Peso 52, I think.  Usually, the NICs that are available in the Diskless
Workstations site costs around US$ 100 and I don't know if the packaging/freight is
already included.  Anyway, if I'll convert US$ 100 to Philippine Peso, it will cost me
around Phil. Peso 5,200 which is very expensive to me compared to what are sold here
in our country.  Besides, Phil. Peso 5,200 is already an Intel Pentium 3/AMD Athlon
processor, an ATX motherboard, a 14' SVGA monitor, or perhaps a 30 GB Seagate
Barracudda 7200 RPM.

So again, I need your help with regards to the specs of boot ROM for any brand of NIC
that you will recommend to me.  With your help, I know I will succeed with this
project.  This project is my thesis proposal and I will just offer this to our Public
High Schools and considered it a sort of "Community Outreach Project" or whatever term
it is.

Below are some of the NICs that are available in our place:

- Cnet PRO200 100/10 Mbps
- D-Link DFE-530TX 10/100 Mbps
- Surecom 320 10/100 Mbps (*)
- AOpen AON-325 10/100 Mbps (*)
- Lantech Fastnet (*)
- Realtek e-Ten 10/100 Mbps (*)
- Linksys 10/100 Mbps (*)
- SOHO 10/100 Mbps (*)
- SMC 10/100 Mbps (*)
- Intel Pro-100+ (*)

NOTE:  Those NICs that has (*), I haven't seen it and I'm not sure if those NICs has a
boot ROM socket.

Can you tell me what boot ROM chip is compatible for every brand of NICs written
above?  Maybe if you know the boot ROM chip number, model type, number of pins, brand
name, serial numbers, etc., and that would be much better 'cause my last resort is to
ask some of the electronic shops here in our place if they have any boot ROMs that are
written above.

Again, thank you very much.

God bless you...

Marvin