I'm going to demo LTSP to a local authority for their schools tomorrow, and
it would have been very nice to be able to show local devices working on the
X-terminals. Last week I tried to make local floppy + sound and CD-ROM work,
but without success. There are contributed packages for floppy and sound, but
I cannot  make them work. I've read all the postings on floppy access since
August, and posted some questions here. But it's still beyond me.

Is it fair to say that for a Red Hat Linux 7.1 based server with KDE as
desktop, local devices don't work?

--
Mvh
Ragnar Wisløff