I'm guessing that the updated code is using a kdmrc file that is in a
different location.

The config tool is probably updating the old kdmrc file, but the newer
version of kdm is
not using that file.

So, you should probably search your disk for any kdmrc files that are there.

You should be able to use the locate or the find command.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]