torsdag 29. november 2001, 14:13 skrev Jason Bechtel:

> Are you saying that the Control Center (kcontrol) running as root will
> not allow you to modify the KDM screen??  I'm using KDE 2.2.2 on SuSE
> 7.2 and it works fine and modifies the right file.  If it's not working,

This is what my kdmrc says about using kcontrol (might have changed in 2.2.2,
I'm using 2.2-3):

# KDM configuration example.
# Note, that all comments will be lost if you change this file with
# the kcontrol frontend.

So kcontrol *will* edit kdmrc. If you look at the parameters in the original
kdmrc, kcontrol does not seem to be using all the features. And it overwrites
the original file, does not parse and change.

--
Mvh
Ragnar Wisløff