Gurus,

Is there a pre-compiled lts packages in .rpm format for lts_xxx_2.09pre4-0 related
packages?  If yes, can you point me to what site is it located?  AFAIK,
lts_xxx_2.09pre4-0 related packages are in .tar.gz format.

Anyway if not, can you tell me where will I install the lts_xxx_2.09pre4-0 related
packages that are in .tar.gz format?  I really don't know where will I install it.
I'm not used in installing in .tar.gz format not unless the new version of kernel.
I'm using Linux Mandrake 8.1 as my server.

By the way, 2.08 doesn't support my Linux Mandrake 8.1 and I don't want to re-install
my current system and change/downgrade my Mandrake 8.1 to Mandrake 7.2 or 8.0 just to
support my lts packages that I downloaded.  I already have very important files in my
hard disk and I can't make a backup of it.  I hope the lts_xxx_2.09pre4-0 related
packages will already support my Linux Mandrake 8.1.  But if not, I will be forced to
downgrade my system.

Also, I'm planning to upgrade my kernel to 2.5.  Will lts_xxx_2.09pre4-0 related
packages support the 2.5 kernel?

Thanks in advance for your help.

God bless you...

Marvin