> > 1. dhcpd configured to load "pxelinux" binary
> > 2. pxelinux.cfg configured to load kernel and initrd.
> > 3. kernel from kernel package
> > 4. initrd build from initrd package.
> The same as using Etherboot, except that you use pxelinux as the NBP,
> pxelinux.cfg instead of adding lines to dhcp.conf, [...]

I looked at PXE, when I had to use it to bootstrap EB on a
wierd card.  I chose to have it continue with the normal EB seq.

My personal opinion is that the configuration file approach for
PXE generates a lot more TFTP traffic on the server and is harder
to administer on a network when you have a lot of network boot
activity with different kernels, NFS trees and other variations.
I find that the structure of the dhcp config file works well
together with the LTSP config file and the mknbi parameters.
It lets a single config file derive all the other files;
while the integrated PXE route looked like a lot more hassle.

I think a PXE-UNDI version of EB would be a wonderful resource.