Setting the runlevel to 5 in lts.conf worked (thanks!), X now seems to
be starting...but the login screen never appears.  Back to Google...

-Carl

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Jim McQuillan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 11:28 AM
To: Waldron Carl (EXT-NET/Petaluma)
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Connection refused problem?

Carl,

The fact that you are getting 'Press <enter> blah blah blah' indicates
that you have
the workstation setup for runlevel 4. That should give you a telnet
login to the
server.

But, you may not have telnetd setup on the server, or you may have it
blocked with tcpwrappers
or iptables/ipchains.

Are you sure you want a character mode login ? Most people use X
windows. For that,
you would set your RUNLEVEL = 5 in the lts.conf file.

Hope that helps,

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]