Glad to hear the project is moving ahead so quickly. I have not had any
time to look at the 2.9 series but I'll soon be made redundant and am
hoping to spend some more time soon.

I guess this question is aimed more at Georg than Jim but how soon can we
expect to see .deb's? I prefer  to use Debian because I find it easier to
update and resolve dependancies and conflicts. I also find it to be more
compliant with the FHS than RedHat.

Either way, keep up the good work, all of you! There is a lot of old
hardware being discarded to keep up with the M$ system requirements and all
of this can be put to good use via this project!

Cheers,

     John Gay