Hi all,

we are using LTSP 3.0.0 on a Debian (woody) Box (Dual P3 800 with 1GB RAM
and 4x18GB SCSI RAID0 if somebody wants to know) at school and the clients
on the 100Mbit/s Network (all the NICs with the dmfe module) are working
quiete fine (we had some troubles with the 2.4.16 kernel and its NFSd so we
took the 2.2.19 and now it seems to be fine). But we have some others and
older machines on a 10Mbit/s network, too. They are loading the kernel,
booting it but then stuck with this error complaining about no PCI-NIC
found. So we added the option-128 and option 129 in our config file,
restarted the dhcpd and tested a lot, but without any luck. We tried many
different combinations of those options from sample config, manpages and
what not... but without any luck. I had a look in the kernel config, the wd
module should be there or am I wrong? Well, i guess if the otpion is right
there should be an not found error instead of this no otion 129 error. Is
there anybody who has got some clients with ISA NICs and dhcp running and
could mail me the config? Or is the wd module not supported and I will have
to make my own kernel? (If I have to, could somebody give me a little
advice? I got several errors trying it, well actually tried it without any
motivation because I thought it must work with the kernel that is in the
LTSP package.)

UPDATE: The NICs are smc-ultra I think, but I thought i have to specify the module so
wd should be the option, right? like "NIC=wd io=0x300" or not?

Thanks for any help
Claas Rathje