Plenty of references to this problem on the net, but I'm still short of
an answer to my problem. I'll appreciate any pointers from this list.

Data
   RedHat 7.2
   ltsp_core-3.0.0-1.i386.rpm
   ltsp_kernel-3.0.1-0.i386.rpm

Client loader firmware:
   Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 071) for Realtek RTL8139 PCI v2.0

Workstation console shows that DHCP request is successful, with correct
client IP, mask, and DHCP IP, but I get
"PXE-E3A TFTP too many packages" after about 700 packets of 1456 bytes
are transferred to the client. (ethereal sniff)

Is there such thing as a PXE kernel that I should load, instead of
what's in ltsp_kernel?

(Apart from that there was a missing file from the ltsp-core rpm,
gdm_Init_Default.tmpl, and a little snafu with one of the rpm files
having Jim's UID.)