----------  Videresendt melding  ----------

Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Upgrade to higher version (of distro or ltsp)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 08:32:41 +0100
From: Ragnar Wisløff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Warnet who0sznet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

mandag 7. januar 2002, 04:05 skrev du :
> I currently use Mandrake 8.0 and ltsp 2.2. and everything
> are doing fine. i need to upgrade to Mandrake 8.1. what
> should i do before that? is there anything (configuration
> files) change during upgrade?

Don't know about that.

> Second, if i want to upgrade to LTSP 3.0 (not the distro)
> should i start from the beginning (remove the old 2.2)?
> Or,... should i upgrade to ltsp 3?

I did an upgrade last week on a Red Hat Linux 7.2 system, that went without a
hitch. All old config files get saved, the only thing I needed was to change
to the new root file system for the clients and the new kernel in
/etc/dhcpd.conf. Watch out for a couple of things:

My install routine put in

file "/tftpboot/lts/vmlinuz.ltsp"

in /etc/dhcpd.conf, which should read

file "/lts/vmlinuz.ltsp"

at least on my RHL, and Mandrake should be very similar.

The other thing is remember to make a symlink to the right kernel, so that
there actually is a file by the name vmlinuz.ltsp in the directory above.

Good luck!

--
Mvh
Ragnar Wisløff