A reinstall will wipe all configs in /etc out.  According to how you
have your disk partitioned it may erase the whole of ltsp.  An upgrade
<which has always been an iffy proposition with me and Mandrake> should
just just save the configs and all.  They would be under something like
"/etc/dhcpd.conf.rpmsave" or somesuch.

If I were wanting to upgrade LTSP at the same time, I would Wipe the
drive, Install MD9 then install LTSP3.  <This would be my choice>  If
your disk is partitioned correctly you should be able to save /home and
various other directories you want to save.

LTSP 3 puts all its files in /opt instaed of /tftpboot.  This helps if
doing an upgrade cause all of /lts is still there to look at for setting
up ws.

Have fun.

Warnet who0sznet wrote:

> I currently use Mandrake 8.0 and ltsp 2.2. and everything
> are doing fine. i need to upgrade to Mandrake 8.1. what
> should i do before that? is there anything (configuration
> files) change during upgrade?
>
> Second, if i want to upgrade to LTSP 3.0 (not the distro)
> should i start from the beginning (remove the old 2.2)?
> Or,... should i upgrade to ltsp 3?
>
> Has anyone tried it? i need an advice.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Adinda

Michael H. Collins                      http://www.linuxlink.com
PHP/SQL WebHosting                      http://postnuke-hosting.com
Penguins are so sensitive.              Lyle Lovett