Juan,

If the ltsp_initialize script didn't create the
proper dhcpd.conf file, you can edit it yourself.

Take a look at

    http://www.LTSP.org/instructions-3.0.html

Near the bottom of that document it shows an example
of what your dhcpd.conf file should look like.

That probably explains why the DHCP service won't start.

As for the mask in the workstations, what do you mean ?
Are you talking about the setting inside the dhcpd.conf
file ?  If so, just edit the file and set it to what you
want.

Hope that helps,

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]