Rob,

I've seen a similar problem with 3c905b-tx-nm cards, but only
when trying to use a bootrom.  This may not apply to the problem
that you are having.

The 3c905b has a bug in the firmware that only allows it to see an
8k bootrom.  Etherboot has an option, but I don't remember
which option it is, to work around the problem.  Once you boot
from an Etherboot floppy that has that option enabled, the bootrom
will work properly.

I've got an Etherboot floppy image on the LTSP download site that
has the option set.  We tell people to download that image and put
it on a floppy and boot, before installing a bootrom.
The file is called '3c905b_util.bin', and it is way down near
the bottom of the page in the 'Xtras' section.

Grab that, and dd or cat it to a floppy, and see if that boots.
I figure it's worth a try, anyway.

Hope that helps,

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]