Why would you have problems with conflicting dhcpds. You can
set up an existing dhcpd to serve net infos (among which ips)
to your ltsp terminals. That's what I did, I had just to
update my dhcpd server to a version 3.x so I can send options
> 128 to some terminals with isa cards.
I use a dhcpd and dns servers on one host (pre-existing
server) and XDMCP, X, XFS, NFS and TFTF on another server
(the ltsp server).
Hope this helps.
Fathi Ben Nasr