On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 02:13:10PM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I've read (eg:
> http://www.linuxlookup.com/html/articles/LTSP.html )
> that there are (were?) security issues when using
> LTSP. Is this still true, as of version 3.0?

That was one the first things I read about LTSP. But as is implicated in
the end of the article, a good firewall will help. In contrast to what
is said in the article, no /home directories are mounted over NFS
though. If you don't use swap over NFS, all NFS exports are read-only.

> Also, I think I've read some time ago, that LTSP
> could not serve (via NFS) directories that were not
> Ext2FS. That worries me, because my /home is
> ReiserFS, as well as my whole system now, in fact. Is
> this true?

No of course not. LTSP is a pretty high-level collection of services,
you mention low-level stuff such as FS and NFS severs. You could use any
NFS server you want to get the clients happy.