Hans Ekbrand wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 10:44:01AM -0500, David Johnston wrote:
> > John Jairo de la Rosa wrote:
> > > The terminal tells me frequency out of range.
> > The message is from your monitor, not from the computer or LTSP.
> I very much doubt that the monitor gives that message...my 17 inch
> TCO-95 compliant high end monitor that I bought 1997 gives you
> any messages in such situations.

My monitor gives that exact message (FREQUENCY OUT OF RANGE).  It's a
1996 Princeton Graphics EO70.  My guess is that Princeton may have been
among the first to start doing this.

> ....unless the monitor requires a fixed frequency.

> > Assuming that the workstation causing the problem is ws002, try
> > adding these lines to your lts.conf:
> >
> > [ws002]
> >  X_MODE_0 = 640x480
Your point about his monitor possibly needing a fixed frequency was
right on the money; I had forgotten that.  John, have you tried Hans'
settings?

> Or you can play with these settings. If the monitor is a multisync,
> setting X_HORZSYNC and X_VERTREFRESH to moderate values should do it,
> while if it is a fixed sync monitor, you will probably have to supply a
> working modline in the X_MODE_640x480.
>
>     X_RES_1         = 640x480
>     X_HORZSYNC      = 29-33.5
>     X_VERTREFRESH   = 55-70
>     X_MODE_640x480  = 25.25 640 656 752 760 480 483 485 509

-David