Hi,

I use a hacked LTSP 2.09pre3 on RH7.1 in order to use
swap and tmp/ partitions locally on ws' HD.
Both of them are reformatted at each new boot.
Everything is running locally
after proper NFS mounts (my class C net is 100Mbps): X, KDM, KDE then
any apps...

My problem is that I use a floppy
to boot my workstations. As each ws has a HD
(10-20Gb), I'd prefer to boot from it (I cannot use the eprom, no cash
anymore to buy eproms and the programming device!!!).

Q: Is it possible to use etherboot with the HD as target
in place of fd0. Do i need a special (small) partition for it ?

My goal is to automagically partition the ws's HD (with sfdisk)
at the very first boot of LTSP (with the floppy disk),
then installing the booting stuff on the HD
for next boots without floppy.

thanks for help.

frc
--
François Mauger
Laboratoire de Physique Corpusculaire de Caen et Université de Caen