*** I think the server you are using is woefully underpowered. We
typically have 30+ ltsp users at any given time. We're running Dual
Pentium 1000s with 4gigs ram redhat 7.1 kernel 2.4.17(compiled fresh
from ftp.kernel.org). I think you really
do need
dual processors
for that kind of load. Also I definitely wouldn't be using KDE as the
Window/Desktop Manager. Try ICEWM or similiar. In our setup we use
KDE 2.2 programs (like ktuberling, etc) but our Window Manager/Desktop is
ICEWM. I tried to handle a large load with a single processor PIII 850
with 512 Megs ram and experienced the same problems you described below...