Funny,  I have the same problem with my much lower-end setup:  Server is a
Athlon 850, 290M of RAM, IDE disk, and *one* client (it's a home setup).  If
we're both running KDE sessions, things get flaky and freeze on the WS after
a while.  If only one of us is running KDE, things are fine.  I haven't yet
spent the time to try to figure out what's happening, so I couldn't tell you
if it's a related problem of a totally different one, but I will check and
post my findings later.

-arif