>Agreed.  After my experiments in a 5 user environment with 1/2 gig of RAM,
>KDE has been found to be unsuitable for Terminal Server on my end.  I may
>not be tuning my system in the right places thou.
>GNOME seems more apt for "simple" environments.  We are testing running
>Ximian GNOME on it right now.

We use Ximian GNOME in an LTSP enviroment without any (LTSP related)
problems.  We can handily support five users (primarily evolution & open
office) on a Dual PII-300/256Mb with fast SCSI disks.

We've tested KDE and it seemed to have lots of problems in multi-user
operation,  they might be easily addressed,  we didn't try.