Sitat "fam.Valverde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> is there anyway to add entires to lilo to boot from dhcpd server
> ..the thing
> is i want my pc to be both xterminal and a normal workstation ;>

If you want to boot your PC from a local hard disk and run apps on a
remote server, then you should look into Xnest, which will start up
another X window with output from another machine inside your existing
instance of X, or simply utilise the inherent networking capabilities of
X and other services. Try this:

ssh -X <hostname of server> <command on server>

which will run an application on a remote server and display on your
local screen. The communcations are encrypted (and compressed if you wish).

The other quick method is to enable write access for the server on your
local display using

xhost +<hostname of server>

Then ssh (or telnet) to the server and start an application, redirecting
the output to your local screen:

ssh <hostname of server>
xeyes -display <hostname of client>:0

None of these methods have much to do with LTSP.

--
Mvh Ragnar Wisløff