fam.Valverde wrote:
> is there anyway to add entires to lilo to boot from dhcpd server ..the
> thing is i want my pc to be both xterminal and a normal workstation ;>

do you have linux on the local harddrive ?

Option A)
---------
if yes, then you can add another runlevel
which does

X -query SERVER

you can boot from lilo into that runlevel
(I did this on 12 Clients in my school)

option B)
---------
if you have no local linux, then
download "Lilo bootable ROM" from
http://www.rom-o-matic.net/5.0.5/
and tell Lilo where to find this file
(on the local harddisk)

option C)
---------
no lilo at all, let Etherboot be the bootmanager.
On http://www.rom-o-matic.net/5.0.5/ you can make
Custom Configurations, e.g. you can modify etherboot
to wait longer for an answer to the question
"Press L to boot local or N to boot from Network"

I did not try options B & C yet.
A friend told me that option C doesnt work on some PCs.

Greetings,
Martin Herweg