For what it's worth, I've used other Winterm devices - and found that the
models that offered the option of buying them with a CD-ROM have an IDE
connector on the motherboard, even when you order the version with no drive.

This connector is a laptop-style IDE connector though - so you have to order
an adapter to convert one end to regular 40-pin IDE, and a laptop IDE ribbon
cable, if you plan to temporarily attach a regular drive to transfer data to
the disk-on-chip.

- Tom