Morten,
        do yourself a huge favor and look up the K12Ltsp aka K12OS at
<http://www.k12os.org>
        they have just what you need; a full distribution based on rh7.2
and ltsp 3.0 meant for use in the schools! it is awesome! and it works
right out of the box.
        as to what you need for server(s), there are 2 schools of thought.
1 says "many little servers, if one fails, it is not a disaster". school 2
says "any filure is a disaster to the administrator and one big
"DEPENDABLE" server is better and cheaper than many small ones. both
approches have merit. from my experience with systems big and small i
learned that one server per geographical location works best for high
bandwidth application, everything else is better done on a single big
server. more to a point, i've run single server for 3000+ users with >no<
that is 0 downtime in 1.5 years and i've run setups with 9 servers for 50
users with lots of downtime. server quality rules. as to the load: a
single 4 processor 1GHz or better with at least 4GB should be adequate
provided that not all 160 users hit various applications at the same time.
i would go for more memory first, more processors second and more speed
third. good luck, and really look up the k12os distribution. julius