On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 10:19:52AM -0600, Jason A. Pattie wrote:
> John Cuzzola wrote:
>
> >*** A possible solution may be to create a VPN(IPSEC) betweeen the client
> >and the server. Allow the home directory to be mounted only through the
> >VPN.
> >
> A very good solution and one that is not too hefty to implement.
> However, how to you store "securely" the secret keys for each
> workstation?

That would not be necessary. The workstations never mounts /home
(unless we are speaking of local apps here, but that is another
story).

So only the LTSP servers need to be involved in the VPN/secret-key
thingy.

AFS or Samba has been suggested as superior alternatives to NFS and
NFS over VPN sounds more difficult to implement, though I haven't
tried any of them.

--

Hans Ekbrand