I'm trying to get the autofs system working using the examples below.
The kernel module is loading ok and the script runs /usr/sbin/automount as
it should. However this seems to be failing silently. If I change the
command line it complains, so it looks like it's being run. I can't see
any log messages appearing either locally or on the ltsp server.
I have got the automounter running properly on the ltsp server itself and
that's the file I copied onto the workstation.

Any ideas why it isn't working?

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Darryl Bond wrote:
> I use the autofs to access the local drives with a startup script thus
> /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.d/autofs is the standard redhat /etc/init.d/autofs with
> these line at the beginning
>
> /sbin/modprobe  ide-probe-mod
> /sbin/modprobe  ide-cd
> /sbin/modprobe  cdrom
> /sbin/modprobe floppy
> mknod /dev/fd0 b 2 0
> chmod 664 /dev/fd0
>
> /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/auto.master
> # Sample auto.master file
> # Format of this file:
> # mountpoint map options
> # For details of the format look at autofs(8).
> /misc
> /etc/auto.misc
> --timeout 2
>
> /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/auto.misc
> # $Id: auto.misc,v 1.2 1997/10/06 21:52:04 hpa Exp $
> # This is an automounter map and it has the following format
> # key [ -mount-options-separated-by-comma ] location
> # Details may be found in the autofs(5) manpage
>
> cd
>       -fstype=iso9660,ro      :/dev/cdroms/cdrom0
> floppy
>       -fstype=vfat -umask=000 -check=r        :/dev/fd0
>
> Create a directory /opt/ltsp/i386/misc
>
> the floppy is accessed as /misc/floppy
> the cd is accessed as /misc/cd
>
> Add these references to the ICA configuration file for local drive access.
> The drives automatically unmount after 2 seconds.

Phil Davey
Computer Officer
Hughes Hall College, Cambridge
Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]