Hello,

I have been trying to get local apps to work, but I kept getting permission
denied errors.  I found that I could get round the problem by using the xhost
command, but I don't like the total lack of security inherent in the xhost
concept.

I finally fixed the problem by adding the following file to the
/etc/X11/xinit.d directory (filename doesn't matter):

#!/bin/bash
xauth add `xauth list $DISPLAY | sed -e 's/:/\/unix:/'`

Does the fact that I had to add this suggest that I did something wrong when
I installed the local-apps RPM?  How do other folks get around this?

Thanks,

        Richard Simpson