Hi

> I am looking for a neat way to install Lilo and then have lilo to start
> my Etherboot on the clients.  From the Rom-O-Matic site I find the
> lilo-option image but no info reg. Howto.
> Not beeing able to to do the Eprom burning,  reluctent to use
> win/dos-load (though easy).
> The boot-diskett is not useful at primary school as they would likely
> vanish.
> I have not been able to find the needed doc on the net either.
>
> I would think this could be of interest of more than me ??
>

> use the "append" parameter in lilo together with the parameters
> documented in the kernel source
> (/usr/src/linux/Documentation/nfsroot.txt).

Your task is to insert the lilo boot image on to the local hard disk.

1) Run linux on the disk, then run lilo with lilo.conf specifing the
   etherboot image

2) Use some magic. Boot on floppy or CD. Make a lilo.conf (on your ram
   disk) Use the bios= parameter (0x80 or 0x81) and run lilo.

3) Use lots of magic. Use dd to install the lilo image and kernel on
   your hard disk. I don't know how to do this.

4) Turn the FD around (to face inwards) and close the box with a boot
   floppy in the drive.

5) Buy bootroms from disklessworkstations.com

6) Find a local business to make eproms for you. Common R&D electronic
   tools.

James